As FPE President Hilary Scarsella announced in a December 14 email, the FPE Board has chosen not to hold an annual symposium this summer.
However, the Board knows that members continue to need to have opportunities to engage in fellowship and scholarly exchange. Therefore, the FPE is offering two opportunities to do so online in the coming months.
FPE Writing Accountability Groups
Each WAG meets regularly to check in about members’ progress and to invite each member to articulate their writing goals between meetings. Signing up to be a part of a writing accountability group is a commitment to the following:
- Meet regularly, on a schedule decided by group members.
- Share your writing goals and progress.
- Hear and invest in the success of group members as they share their writing goals and progress.
- Negotiate with your group whether there are other ways you want to support each other.
If you have interest in joining a FPE WAG, fill out this form and we will connect you with a writing accountability group.
In addition to our writing accountability groups, we will be hosting collaborative workshops to share resources that each member may be able to offer to help address members’ various needs. In particular, we imagine that there might be demands for workshops on topics such as:
- Teaching on online platforms
- Managing databases for research
- Grant writing
To propose a workshop–whether you would like to convene it or propose another member to convene it, please fill out this form.